Thursday, August 27, 2009

DOUBLE TROUBLE...

Ever owned a beagle? If you have then you would know just what an adventure that can be. If you haven't then let me fill you in on a few of their 'delightful' ways.

Don't get me wrong - I love my beagles... Yumi is the tricolour and Jomi is the tan and white.

Now lets see - where to start...

They have a very sensitive nose - like most dogs you say - yes - but no... that's what they love to do sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff... their nose never leaves the ground. You can never let them off lead or they just might not come back.

Call them back I hear you say... Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha... this is where their attitude comes into it. Beagles have the attitude of a cat! Let me explain. A cat has the attitude that "you know what, I hear you, I know what you're saying, I understand what you're saying, I might even agree with you, but... you know what, I don't feel like listening right now... be gone peasant!"

And so too does a beagle decide "yeah, hear ya, don't feel like doing that."

Then there is the eating... yes all dogs eat - but do they eat everything! There is no such thing as a satisfied beagle - their tummy is a bottomless pit ever wanting to be filled. "What do you mean that is all the food there is? I want more!" There is a plus side to this of course - a beagle will do anything for food!... hmmm - except come back when they are on the hunt - it just isn't going to happen.

Then there is the eating of plastic, plants, washing, dog house, blanket and ... ahem ... 'recycled food' (you will just have to figure that one our on your own).

But... with all their idiosyncrasies... I wouldn't give up my two beagle for anyone. They are loving, gentle, friendly little dogs that are happiest when around their 'Mum' and 'Dad'. What more could you ask for?

So I will happily continue to live with the "double double toil and trouble" with two little beagles.

1 comment:

  1. Would those two cute pupies ever do anything naughty! I don't believe it, they are just so innocent!

    ReplyDelete